Diamond?has been created to provide?detailed, consistent and comprehensive?monitoring and reporting of diversity in our industry. It will provide:
- Reports covering?all commissioned programmes?? not just snapshots based on just a few dozen hours of programming.
- Reports on?six key diversity categories: gender, gender identity, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability.
- Aggregated statistical coverage of?people working on TV programmes, both on- and off-screen.
- ?Fixed? reports?in a consistent format to monitor overall industry performance and track progress over time.
- Detailed granular reports, with breakdowns by role types or genres.
- Flexible reporting, so that whenever new challenges emerge (as they have in recent years around older women, female writers, disabled actors, and others), it is possible to generate reports focusing on particular demographics.