The Creative Diversity Network (CDN) is currently looking to recruit a Project Administrator for Project Diamond. This is a part-time contract role based in London.
Role: Project Administrator
Rate: £200 per day
Contract: 6 Months (with the possibility of extension), 2-2.5 days per week
Diamond is a new industry-wide diversity monitoring system created by broadcasters BBC, Channel 4, ITV and Sky, and supported by Pact and Creative Skillset, through the CDN. It will provide detailed, consistent and comprehensive monitoring and reporting of diversity. At a time when challenges relating to diversity are growing in prominence, Diamond will allow us to answer the key questions “Who’s on TV?” and “Who makes TV?” with greater confidence and precision than ever before. You can find out more information about the Diamond project from the CDN website: www.creativediversitynetwork.com.
Purpose of the role
The role operates within the Diamond Project Management Team. The Project Administrator facilitates day-to-day operation of the Diamond project including support for documenting, planning, monitoring, reporting, communication and stakeholder management activities. The Project Administrator will report to the Senior Project Manager (Judy Bartholomew) and may from time to time be asked to give support to the Diamond Project Director (Jonathan Simon) or the CDN Executive team.
Essential skills and experience for candidates are:
• Proven experience of supporting the delivery of large multi-organisational projects
• Experience of working effectively within the governance structure for a multi-stakeholder project
• Strong inter-personal skills, including the ability to work effectively with people at all levels from a wide range of professional disciplines
• Ability to maintain and update accurate project records
• Competence across a variety of computer packages and platforms:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Email and calendar applications such as Outlook and Google
- Document version control, storage and sharing using cloud based applications such as Google Drive
- Project Planning software such as Microsoft Project
- Diagramming software such as Vision
• Experience of organising and minuting meetings
• Collaborative approach to working
• Ability to deliver to deadlines
• A personal commitment to workplace diversity
Desirable skills and experience are:
• Experience of following data protection guidelines and online security best-practice
• Experience within broadcasting or technology industries
• Organise meetings, conference calls and workshops, draft and coordinate the agendas for various Working Groups within the project’s governance framework
• Prepare minutes quickly and efficiently. Follow up on action points within the agreed timeframe
• Prepare project management and supporting documentation
• Collate and summarise information from multiple sources. Analyse and present findings to the project management team
• Liaise with various project stakeholders regarding the project content and delivery as required by the senior project manager
• Maintain the secure repository of project documentation and provide permission-based sharing
• Maintain high level timelines and schedules across the project
• Prepare presentations and project management reports accurately, promptly and in line with standards as required by the project team
• Assist with maintaining the project plans
• Ad hoc support to the project management team.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and a covering letter that sets out how you meet the essential criteria for the role. Please provide contact details for two referees, and confirm when you would be available to begin work. You are also encouraged to complete CDN’s diversity monitoring form, although this is not a requirement.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8.30 a.m. on 11th April 2016. A shortlist will be drawn up and candidates will be informed if they are to be invited to interview in central London on Monday 18th April 2016.