Why have a diversity and inclusion strategy?
A diversity and inclusion strategy helps you:
- Attract and retain a wide talent pool to ensure you get the best people for your workforce.
- Have an increased efficiency and higher return on equity. Diverse teams make better, more efficient decisions, and can be more creative in their thinking.
- Improve content diversity. Diverse teams with different life experiences lead to a broader number of ideas which connect with wider numbers of the public.
- Better reflect the society in which you exist on screen, improving audience relationships and public perception.
- Attract higher ratings as audiences like to see themselves represented.
- Ultimately lead to more commissions through successful hits.
Who should own it
Diversity and Inclusion shouldn’t just be the responsibility of HR It should be embedded throughout the business, with a senior leader accountable for delivering the strategy to demonstrate the importance the organisation attaches to it.