Last Updated [insert date]
We respect the privacy of every person who visits or registers with or submits personal information through our website at www.creativediversitynetwork.com (the “Site”) and who uses the products and services that we offer, including from the Site (our “Services”), and we are committed to ensuring a safe online experience.
2 ABOUT US
The Site and our Services are operated by Creative Diversity Network Ltd, (“we”, “us” or “our”). All of the UK broadcasters are members of the Creative Diversity Network: BBC, ITV, Channel 4, SKY, S4C, BAFTA, Creative Skillset, pact, ITN, MediaTrust, VIACOM, and Turner. For more information please visit the About Us page.
Creative Diversity Network Ltd is the data controller responsible for your personal information and is a private limited company registered in England under company registration number 09483794 with its registered office address located at 94-100 Euston Street Euston Street, London NW1 2HA.
3 HOW TO CONTACT US
• Sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Calling us on: +44 (0)20 3653 0452
We are committed to ensuring everyone can use our Site and have developed a policy to suit different user needs. Our Site has information on how to make this or any other page more suitable for you, which can be found here.
5 PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to:
1) provide our products and services to you;
2) verify your identity (where applicable);
3) help us improve our Site and our products and services;
4) carry out requests made by you on the Site;
5) investigate or settle inquiries or disputes;
6) comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator;
7) enforce our agreements with you;
8) protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our users of the Site;
9) provide support for the provision of our products and services;
10) carry out recruitment activities; and (xi) use as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In particular, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
Fulfilment of our Services. More information
Diamond. Diamond has separate Privacy Policies which can be found on the Diamond pages.
General or website enquiries. More information
Site insight and analysis. More information
Marketing communications.More information
Recruitment. More information
Business administration and legal compliance. More information
Receipt of services from third party suppliers. More information
Any other purposes for which we wish to use your personal information that are not listed above, or any other changes we propose to make to the existing purposes, will be notified to you.
6 HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT
Where our use of your personal information requires your consent, you can provide such consent:
• at the time we collect your personal information following the instructions provided; or
• by informing us by email, post or telephone using the contact details set out in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
8 THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
9 TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA
Where necessary in order to deliver our services, we will transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA. When doing so, we will comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to the personal information including having a lawful basis for transferring personal information and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal information.
10 HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Regarding personal information we have processed in connection with the supply of our products and services, we will retain personal information relevant to that supply of products or services for as long as is necessary or for the following time periods:
• Events: duration of the event and for 12 months after the end of the particular event.
• E-Learning training: duration of the training and for 2 years after you have completed your training.
• Account registration and login: duration of your Site account and for one month after you have requested to delete your account.
• Marketing: where you have requested to opt out to receiving marketing communications from us, your contact details will be held indefinitely to ensure that we do not contact you again or for three years from the date of our last interaction with you.
• Recruitment: duration of the recruitment process.
Regarding any other personal information we have processed, we will retain relevant personal information for three years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or similar legislation around the world). We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
11 CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. More information
12 HOW TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR OTHER RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your right of access. If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may charge a reasonable fee for producing those additional copies.
Your right to rectification. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified. If we have shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to erasure. You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or where you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to restrict processing. You can ask us to block or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information, though. We will tell you before we lift any restriction. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to data portability. With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object. You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
• relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
• processing your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing.
Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for the entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
Your right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can exercise your right of withdrawal by contacting us using our contact details in the “How to Contact Us” section above or by using any other opt-out mechanism we may provide, such as an unsubscribe link in an email.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal information, you can report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to report a concern on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.